Training and testing is conducted to NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standards. If required training can be tailored to your requirements offering in house only certification.
The course aims to introduce candidates to the hazards of locating buried cables, the risks involved, the controls available and safe use of cable avoidance tools. It also covers the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Define hazards and precautions
• Be aware of current legislation
• List the risks involved in locating buried cables
• Carry out an assessment of the task
• Minimise the risk to health of locating buried cables
• Identify types of underground apparatus
• Interpret service drawings
• Operate a cable avoidance tool
|Safe Use of Cable Avoidance Tools||1 day||6|
The content of the course includes information and training in:
• Current regulations
• Underground hazards
• Identifying services and maps
• Pre Operational checks
• Daily Maintenance
• Safe digging practices
• Practical operations
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all employees who are required to carry out a services scan of an excavation area prior to
The course may also suit employees who are required to manage or supervise the works.