Manual handling training provides the vital knowledge to help reduce the risks of injury in the workplace.
Training can help to avoid back problems and less obvious injury to hands, arms and feet. Injuries are not always immediate and can occur over a long period of time. Training in manual handling can lead to less work-days being lost, so saving money and reducing individual suffering. By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Identify hazards and precautions
• Be aware of current legislation
• Understand the risks involved in handling loads
• Minimise the risk to health of incorrect lifting techniques
• Assess an individual’s capacity to lift
• Lift using the kinetic technique
• Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
• Principles of good lifting and handling
• One on one practical training
• Course feedback
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all persons whose companies require operatives to lift and carry loads as part of their work activity.
|Manual Handling||1/2 day||8|
Outcome: Successful delegates will be issued with a Certificate of Achievement.
Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety Helmet, High Viz Vest, Safety Boots