Every year many operatives are injured or killed whilst slinging loads and equipment. All slinger signallers should be adequately trained, competent and authorised.
The Pro Logistics course is designed to provide candidates with theoretical knowledge and practical training to safely sling and signal loads, as required by current legislation.
By the end of the course all delegates will:
• Identify and select the correct lifting tackle for the job
• Identify and comply with manufactures instruction in accordance with the manufacturers handbook, other information sources i.e. duty charts and applicable legislation
• Explain all relevant documentation
• Safety signs & signal regulations
• Carry out pre-use & post use checks
• Hazard identification
• Slinging methods
• Load weight assessment
• Working to lift plans
• Keep within safe working parameters
• Blind lifts
• Pass an assessment made by testing
Who should attend?
Personnel who are required to lift & sling loads, working with any type of lifting equipment i.e. mobile cranes, tower cranes, lifting jibs etc.
|Experienced Operatives (*Assessments Only)||1 day||3||1 day||3|
|Novices||2 days||3||2 days||3|
All delegates will be profiled prior to assessment & course durations may vary dependant on operators experience.
Outcome: Successful delegates will be issued with a Certificate of Achievement.