Training and testing is conducted to CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme) or NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standards.
If required training can be tailored to your requirements offering in house only certification.
Fork lift-trucks (FLT’s) feature prominently in workplace accidents. Every year there are about 8000 lift truck accidents resulting in injury, and on average 10 of them are fatal. Even if people are not injured in Flt accidents there could be damage to buildings, storage systems or stock. Training will provide candidates with theoretical and practical knowledge to safely operate a telescopic handler.
By the end of the course all delegates will:
• Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
• Identify and comply with manufactures instructions in accordance with the operators handbook, other information sources i.e. load charts and applicable regulations
• Explain all relevant documentation
• Carry out all pre-use and running checks
• Configure the Tele Handler for site and road travel
• Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground (not applicable for Industrial Telescopic) and substantial inclines, both with and without a load
• Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load
• Set the telescopic handler in order to lift various loads
• Lift and place various loads within the full working range of the telescopic handler
• Ensure load integrity and security
• Transport loads
• Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places
• Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer
• Keep within safe working parameters
• Place the machine in a out of service condition
• Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter
Who should attend?
Personnel required to operate telescopic handler & forklift trucks within their workplace or wishing to improve their operating skills.
Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, PUWER 98, LOLER 98 Lift truck stability, Operating Safety Code, Pre-shift checks, Hydraulic controls, Tele Handler Operation Stacking at different levels including tower scaffold with laden and unladen pallets. Loading, unloading and shutdown procedures.
|Experienced Operatives (*Assessments Only)||1 day||3||1 day||3|
|Novices||5 days||3||5 days||3|
All delegates will be profiled prior to assessment & course durations may vary dependant on operators experience.
Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety Helmet, High Viz Vest, Safety Boots.