Training and testing is conducted to CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme) or NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standards. If required training can be tailored to your requirements offering in house only certification.
Every year many operatives are injured or killed whilst operating mobile plant and equipment. All drivers of any plant and equipment should adequately trained, competent and authorised to operate plant. This course is designed to provide candidates with theoretical knowledge and practical training to safely operate a forward tipping dumper as required by current legislation.
By the end of the course all delegates will:
• Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
• Identify and comply with manufactures instructions in accordance with the operators handbook, other information sources i.e. load charts and applicable regulations
• Carry out all pre-use and running checks
• Configure the dumper for site and road travel
• Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, both in a loaded and unloaded state
• Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state
• Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state
• Position the dumper to receive loads
• Comply with loading procedures
• Ensure load integrity and security
• Discharge loads into trenches or over edges
• Place the dumper in an out-of-service condition
• Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter
Who should attend?
Personnel required to operate a Forward Tipping Dumper within their workplace or wishing to improve their operating skills and knowledge.
Responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974, and other relevant legislation such as PUWER regulations, pre-operational checks and daily maintenance, battery care and refueling procedures, mobility and stability factors, safety rules applicable to operating, drive efficiently and safely under differing site conditions, including gradients, position the dumper correctly for discharging into excavations and over edges, and loading from excavations, tow and reverse small trailers, safety precautions which must be carried out, capacities and limitations, shut-down procedures.
|Experienced Operatives (*Assessments Only)||1 day||4||1 day||4|
|Novices||3 days||3||3 days||3|
All delegates will be profiled prior to assessment & course durations may vary dependant on operators experience.
Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety Helmet, High Viz Vest, Safety Boots.